Beginning on 16 June, the following will again be open:
- the Piazza, the immense cobbled square in front of the building;
- the Canopy, the joint entrance to the Centre Pompidou and the Bpi;
- and the Caterpillar, the escalator that zigzags all along the facade.
To celebrate its reopening and the pleasure of coming together again, the Centre Pompidou offers you a summer with an abundance of events.
Set out on an audio journey from the terraces as you admire the view of Paris, lend your voice to the artworks, attend tableaux vivants performances, (re-)discover the collection and the exhibitions by availing of an unlimited ticket for the summer: "destination Pompidou!"
Spend your summer at the Museum!
The Summer Pass invites you to contemplate, to escape, to take your time to appreciate the largest collection of modern and contemporary art in Europe at your own pace.
For 5€ in addition to your ticket, the Summer Pass allows you to return to the Museum with unlimited access until September 30, 2021.
After months of closure, the Centre Pompidou is delighted to welcome you back and invites you to embark on a sound journey from its terraces. Take a seat in our deckchairs and admire the breathtaking view over the roofs of Paris while listening to our selection of sound content.
Throughout the summer, take a walk on our three terraces and be aware of the atmosphere that emerges. The Centre Pompidou is yours to explore: take a stroll through its architecture and learn about its history, immerse yourself in the history of the works in its collection and enjoy a festive atmosphere thanks to the summer music selection produced in partnership with Radio Nova.
Use your smartphone to scan the QR codes and set off on a sound adventure.
- Terrace "Le Grand Mix", level 6: free access
- Terrace "In the Pipes" and "Diving into the artworks", level 5:
- Admission with the "Museum + Exhibitions ticket" or "Museum + Galleries 3 and 4 ticket"
- Free admission during the weekend "Les tableaux vivants" and on the first Sunday of every month
Reopening of the Piazza, the Canopy and the Caterpillar
Art returns to life
Wednesday 16 June 2021
Inauguration with an abundance of voices and music, featuring:
- a flash mob reading at the entrance to the Bpi;
- Music of Choices, a musical and interactive happening, to experience online or in the Grande.
Saturday 19 June 2021, 4.00 pm – 10.00 pm
Saturday 19 June, the Piazza and the Caterpillar will be transformed into a festive ZUT (zone of temporary emergency).
On the programme: Silent Party, a concert adapted to health safety restrictions.
10 DJs from 3 independent labels will take turns doing live mixes every hour;
More than 1200 earphone sets lent free of charge will enable you to come together and rediscover the Centre Pompidou in a pop or electro ambience.
Friday 25 June, 18h-19h
Concert by the Gaman Saxophone Quartet.
"Les tableaux vivants" weekend at the Museum
Saturday 26 and Sunday 27 June, 11.00 am – 10.00 pm
Art returns to life in the Centre Pompidou in the course of a free weekend at the Museum* on the theme of "tableaux vivants".
Where performance arts meets the art of images, between moving bodies and fixed images, the "tableau vivant", being hybrid by nature, is equally fascinating for scenographers, dancers and video artists…
A programme, featuring:
- some twenty artists invited to perform before your eyes, in all the spaces of the Centre Pompidou;
- artist readings in the midst of the permanent collection;
- guided tours of the Museum and the exhibitions;
- workshops for young and old with Agam and Jean-Charles de Castelbajac;
- demonstrations of eloquence during which students sing the praises of their favourite works aloud;
- sketches of life in the Centre Pompidou done live by a collective of artists and urban sketchers...
Detailed programme in the schedule
*Free admission to all Museum spaces, subject to availability of places;
exhibitions "Women in Abstraction" and "Hito Steyerl" can be accessed by presenting a time-stamped ticket.
Hito Steyerl. I will survive
Online reservation required