Festival / Evening
European Heritage Days
A heritage accessible to all19 - 20 Sep 2009
The event is over
For the 26th edition of the European Heritage Days on the theme of 'A heritage accessible to all', the Centre Pompidou, a symbolic building of 20th century architecture, is offering visitors, through different thematic routes, the opportunity to discover or rediscover this unique place that has been devoted to culture for over thirty years. Several guided visits, free of charge, will be offered to the wider public, and visitors with a handicap will be given appropriate attention and care.
PROGRAMME OF FREE VISITS
Saturday 19 September
- 2:30pm-4:00pm: a discovery visit of the building and its collections A museum which has been at the service of artistic interdisciplinarity for over thirty years, the Centre Pompidou is a real laboratory of creativity housed in an exceptional building. Guides recall the spirit in which it was designed and comment on its architectural production.
- 3:00pm-4:30pm: a discovery of the tactile images routePresentation of La Femme au chapeau (1935) by Picasso which has been interpreted in relief form for the blind and weak-sighted.
- 4:30pm-6:00pm: a discovery visit of the building and its collections
Sunday 20 September
- 2:00pm-6:30pm: a promenade in search of women's heritageFor the first time ever in the world, the National Museum of Modern Art is presenting its feminine collections and devoting itself entirely to female artists from the beginning of the 20th century to today. In response to the new elles@centrepompidou presentation, a guided visit will take the public, on foot, to the following locations in Paris: the Woman's Palace, the Barricade defended by Louise Michel and the Industrial Wash House, locations which are all connected to women by their history, fate and symbolic meaning. This visit will be commentated by: Catherine Gonnard, a historian on women; Sophie Mayoux, a writer and Yves Clerget, an architect and cultural mediator at the Centre Pompidou. The meeting point is on the piazza at the foot of the Golden Pot by Raynaud.
- 2:30pm-4:00: a discovery visit of the building and its collections
- 3:00pm-4:30pm: a discovery of the tactile images routePresentation of Stable Aberrance (1995) by Lasker which has been interpreted in relief form for the blind and weak-sighted.Group limited to six people / Visit the museum on the 4th of the Museum
- 4:30pm-6:00pm: a discovery visit of the building and its collections.
2:30pm - 6:30pm